Hearthware Home Products - Dome Cracks - Improperly designed dome admitted by Hearthware but refuses to replace
Hearthware manufactures and markets a product called the "Nu-Wave Oven." This product has been on the market for several years, generally sold via infomercial but also available online.They sold the product with a dome that was not built to withstand the heat generated by the appliance itself.
As noted on the "pissedconsumer.com" website alone, more than 350 complaints have been lodged against this company, mostly for these domes cracking - often within as little as two months.
I have already paid for multiple replacements of this dome myself. They now have a new design that they claim is said to withstand the heat of the oven (why the original dome was designed to NOT withstand the heat of the oven remains a mystery.) However, they are charging $49.95 + $15 S&H for JUST the dome.
The original cost of the oven itself was about $129.After paying for multiple replacements of the defectively-designed dome, I have requested that Hearthware replace this unit, but they have refused.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Nuwave Oven Pro
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "I bought many thousands of dollars worth of merchandise when Aliexpress was accepting Paypal. Of my hundreds of orders two of them were canceled because the seller could not ship...."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "On Monday, January 16, I bought a Guess handbag at Duty Free - São Paulo international airport. Yesterday, when I was going to use it for the first time, I..."
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "I purchased Suave Keratin Infusion. I used it as instructed and now my hair is falling out and I am going bald. I wish I had done my homework and look..."
- "An excerpt from a speech made by Elizabeth Dole in Jan, 1979....far too many Americans are expressing outrage and anguish because their dream homes become a nightmare! Shoddy building..."