Featured Not resolved

Hearthware manufactures and markets a product called the "Nu-Wave Oven." This product has been on the market for several years, generally sold via infomercial but also available online.They sold the product with a dome that was not built to withstand the heat generated by the appliance itself.

As noted on the "pissedconsumer.com" website alone, more than 350 complaints have been lodged against this company, mostly for these domes cracking - often within as little as two months.

I have already paid for multiple replacements of this dome myself. They now have a new design that they claim is said to withstand the heat of the oven (why the original dome was designed to NOT withstand the heat of the oven remains a mystery.) However, they are charging $49.95 + $15 S&H for JUST the dome.

The original cost of the oven itself was about $129.After paying for multiple replacements of the defectively-designed dome, I have requested that Hearthware replace this unit, but they have refused.

Had an Experience with Hearthware Home Products?

Comments

i too had a cracked dome and my nuwave oven is just 4 months old..i tried to contact them via email to request an RGA number as per there instruction on their manual since it has 1 limited one year warranty.

Well guess what... didn't get an answer... tried again.. no reply..

What kind of customer service do they have...i'm really really pissed right now and i will not cater to any hearthware products anymore.