Hearthware Home Products - Dome Cracks - Improperly designed dome admitted by Hearthware but refuses to replace
Hearthware manufactures and markets a product called the "Nu-Wave Oven." This product has been on the market for several years, generally sold via infomercial but also available online.They sold the product with a dome that was not built to withstand the heat generated by the appliance itself.
As noted on the "pissedconsumer.com" website alone, more than 350 complaints have been lodged against this company, mostly for these domes cracking - often within as little as two months.
I have already paid for multiple replacements of this dome myself. They now have a new design that they claim is said to withstand the heat of the oven (why the original dome was designed to NOT withstand the heat of the oven remains a mystery.) However, they are charging $49.95 + $15 S&H for JUST the dome.
The original cost of the oven itself was about $129.After paying for multiple replacements of the defectively-designed dome, I have requested that Hearthware replace this unit, but they have refused.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Nuwave Oven Pro
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "I have been selling GreenSmoke e-cigs as an affiliate for approximately 3 years. Toward the end of December, I was contacted by GreenSmoke saying my affiliate account was to be..."
- "Ordered a Mother's Day bundle that came with shampoo and conditioner. Gave it to my mom who didn't open the box until a couple months later. Turns out the conditioner..."
- "Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012. Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement. Asked for a call when diagnosis was done...."
- "THEY ARE THIEVES! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY! I ordered a Paypower cardonline and decided to put $4000 to the account fo my trip that I was planning on for over..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."