Hearthware Home Products - Dome Cracks - Improperly designed dome admitted by Hearthware but refuses to replace
Hearthware manufactures and markets a product called the "Nu-Wave Oven." This product has been on the market for several years, generally sold via infomercial but also available online.They sold the product with a dome that was not built to withstand the heat generated by the appliance itself.
As noted on the "pissedconsumer.com" website alone, more than 350 complaints have been lodged against this company, mostly for these domes cracking - often within as little as two months.
I have already paid for multiple replacements of this dome myself. They now have a new design that they claim is said to withstand the heat of the oven (why the original dome was designed to NOT withstand the heat of the oven remains a mystery.) However, they are charging $49.95 + $15 S&H for JUST the dome.
The original cost of the oven itself was about $129.After paying for multiple replacements of the defectively-designed dome, I have requested that Hearthware replace this unit, but they have refused.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Nuwave Oven Pro
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "After having our dinner which took longer than I expected, I recommended a dinner presentation to my sister. The next morning I called to see if everything was good...."
- "Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere. Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear...."
- "I bought two pocket hoses. One of 25' on August 3, 2013 and another one of 50' in July 20, 2013. I paid for both $29.97 without tax. Both..."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."
- "THEY ARE THIEVES! THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY! I ordered a Paypower cardonline and decided to put $4000 to the account fo my trip that I was planning on for over..."
- "My boyfriend decided he was going to surprise me at work (which he never does) with roses on Valentines day. When the flowers arrived at my office I was so..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."