after 1 year, almost day to day my Nu Wave just stopped working, I am very disapointed, there was no reason what so ever for it to stop working, no abuse and no warning lights, have no idea what is wrong and would cost me too much to send it back to the U.S.or to purchase a new head.

Too bad I was enjoying it and promoting it, well believe me that has all turned around.

And the company does not do all lot to help, not to good for their reputation.Will not be purchasing any more of their products!

Had an Experience with Hearthware Home Products?

Comments

It happened to me too.The nuwave just stopped working.

The display went blank. I had 1 year and six month with it. This is the second nuwave the first one stopped working after a year and I was still under warranty and it was replaced. I love the nuwave but disappointed with their workmanship.

The plastic dome becomes dull and obscure very fast and one of them cracked on me suddenly.I will probably try a different brand.

I purchased a nuwave oven in November 2011 and it has suddenly stopped working in July 2012. It gave no indication of a problem only that when you press the start button it attempts to begin cooking, beeps and resets to 0. Can you tell me what my options are?

I've tried to call, very, very, very long. That is why I had given up in the spring! Then even my e-mails were not answered, What is wrong with this company?

Hearthware Jeremy

Hello.My name is Jeremy Pohn and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Hearthware, the makers of the NuWave Oven.

First of all, I am very sorry to hear that your NuWave Oven has stopped working. I do, potentially, have good news for you. If your Oven is less than 1 year old, you may be covered under the 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.

Our customer service representatives will be more than happy to provide you with more information and potentially help you repair or replace your Oven.You may contact one of our representatives by calling (888) 689-2831 M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm, CST or by emailing customerservice@hearthware.com.

to Hearthware Jeremy Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #729679

More ***.Do you REALLY think you can get away with telling a customer that "You may be covered under warranty" when the unit has 6 mos of warranty left?

Or you think people are so *** that they will pay you $50 shipping and handling which costs you less than 10 bucks so they can get their unit fixed "FREE?" What a CROCK !

Just treat people FAIRLY and HONESTLY and you will double your sales.Spend $2 more per unit building them out of the best material instead of the cheapest you can find. I would bet that the manufacturing cost of these tops is less than $10 each. I sold major appliances for a statewide distributor for many years. Our factory rep told me one day that it cost them about $150 to build the cheapest refrigerator in the line which sold for about $325 wholesale and about $400 to $500 retail.

For the top of the line huge side by side with ice and water dispenser, he told me the manufacturing cost was only about $50 more, yet it sold wholesale for more than $1,200 and retailed for about $1,700. Since all the "mom and pop" appliance stores are pretty much gone, and now you get to buy at the "Discount store" such as Lowes, Home Depot, BestBuy, Sears, etc. The prices have gone UP at least 40 percent. The fancy stainless steel french door models MIGHT cost $300 to build, but sell for about $2300.

The big chain stores have been notorious for running "Bait and switch" advertising, especially Sears, Best Buy, and the now defunct Circuit...

Wal Mart pays no attention to cost, they charge you the MAXIMUM they believe the product will sell for. If you don't believe this, spend a couple of hours at Dollar Tree or a similar dollar store, then go to Wal Mart and shop the same items. Often, the IDENTICAL item at Wal Mart will sell for $3 to $4 that sells for $1.00 at the dollar store. Some items like reading glasses will be priced at Wal Mart for $10 which are the identical glasses to those sold for $1.00.

Maybe that's how the 4 Walton heirs became worth the same amount as 41% of Americans COMBINED,We are talking about 4 people who all became members of the 20 richest Billionaires in the USA, thanks to being fortunate enough to be born children of Sam Walton.

But they will fight tooth and toenail against paying their 2 million workers enough money to where they are making more than half the poverty level wages.They actually have seminars for employees to teach them how to apply for food stamps and public housing, because Wal Mart pays them so little that they qualify for those benefits.