Hearthware Home Products - Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) scam - $140 for "shipping and handling"
The TV and internet ad for the Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) is misleading and you have to pay an exorbitant amount of "shipping and handing" to get all the "free" stuff that's mentioned, despite the ad making it sound like you get everything shown for $99 total.
The ad tells you that you get a Nuwave PIC, along with a second PIC free, as well as a set of "Ultimate Cookware" (pots and pans) free. But in reality you pay $29.95 S/H for the first PIC, plus you have to pay an extra $39.95 S/H for the second "free" PIC, and a whopping $69.95 S/H for the "free" cookware set - making the total "shipping and handling" about $140, which is about 60 bucks more than the actual product itself costs.
Just to put things in perspective, it costs about $140 to ship a Bowlflex home gym, and that machine weighs over 200 lbs. A single PIC weighs only 5.4 pounds, so you're paying $140 S/H for an order which at most weighs only 25 lbs.
Even worse, since the charges are considered "shipping and handling", they aren't covered by the money-back guarantee. Notice the fine print which says you can send it back for a full refund of the "purchase price" - this means that any costs which are considered "shipping and handling" are non-refundable.
Sorry, but charging about $120 more than it actually costs to ship the product isn't honest. Why not just go whole hog and charge 50 grand in "S/H", since companies can apparently charge whatever they want and just call it "shipping and handling"? If you're thinking of buying this, just keep in mind that you'll be out most of what you payed if you decide to change your mind and send it back.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "the worst company who took my money for A Grade iPhone 5S and send me all C & D Grade products......I am going to protest against that , hope they..."
- "This is the most unprofessional, unorganized, and disreputable company I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with. I highly suggest you look elsewhere for whatever it is..."
- "I was rear-ended by a Fred Loya Insurance insured vehicle on June 21st, 2010. The guy that they insured was allowing his fiancÃ©e to drive the car and now they..."
- "Dish network killed my puppy. I live on a dead end drive with no trespassing signs posted around my property. Today a few minutes after I let my puppy out to..."
- "I was cheated by Michael John Walker. We didn't talked on Skype so maybe someone used his photos ( even from passport ) and other information. He wrote a lot..."
- "I purchased my Subaru based on Subaru's reputation of reliability. A few months before I bought my 2007 Outback Legacy, I bought a 1998 Outback for my son. I liked..."
- "we bought a reclining couch and love seat and a matching recliner. The love seat was defective and we were shipped a new one several weeks later this new one..."