Hearthware Home Products - Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) scam - $140 for "shipping and handling"
The TV and internet ad for the Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) is misleading and you have to pay an exorbitant amount of "shipping and handing" to get all the "free" stuff that's mentioned, despite the ad making it sound like you get everything shown for $99 total.
The ad tells you that you get a Nuwave PIC, along with a second PIC free, as well as a set of "Ultimate Cookware" (pots and pans) free. But in reality you pay $29.95 S/H for the first PIC, plus you have to pay an extra $39.95 S/H for the second "free" PIC, and a whopping $69.95 S/H for the "free" cookware set - making the total "shipping and handling" about $140, which is about 60 bucks more than the actual product itself costs.
Just to put things in perspective, it costs about $140 to ship a Bowlflex home gym, and that machine weighs over 200 lbs. A single PIC weighs only 5.4 pounds, so you're paying $140 S/H for an order which at most weighs only 25 lbs.
Even worse, since the charges are considered "shipping and handling", they aren't covered by the money-back guarantee. Notice the fine print which says you can send it back for a full refund of the "purchase price" - this means that any costs which are considered "shipping and handling" are non-refundable.
Sorry, but charging about $120 more than it actually costs to ship the product isn't honest. Why not just go whole hog and charge 50 grand in "S/H", since companies can apparently charge whatever they want and just call it "shipping and handling"? If you're thinking of buying this, just keep in mind that you'll be out most of what you payed if you decide to change your mind and send it back.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "82 year old lady cheated out of thousands of dollars in commissions and marketing reimbursement expenses.Attention consumers, potential dealers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and lending institutions. I am an 82 year..."
- "I went store #536, i paid for the same shoes different price the reason is one was in clearance the other pair on sale rack. I cant belive this,..."
- "i need to purchase a special usb cable for my rebuilt desktop computer where the motherboards usb headers have only 5 pin male and the components i need to install..."
- "I have owned 3 Cross Roads Cruiser 5ers. They all have had small issues, but this 2014 35 ss has had to many, and the final straw was a tiny..."
- "Due to a problem with one of the motors of my quad JJRC X1 order W1602042158547387 (factory defective), then I had an accident and the quad was damaged, Gearbest shipping..."
- "Made a purchase with Smartmart From DGgate on March 10,2016 Order #34896015 I pay the Total of USA $294 for 4 lot of skirt 10 piece each lot,The seller only..."