Hearthware Home Products - Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) scam - $140 for "shipping and handling"
The TV and internet ad for the Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) is misleading and you have to pay an exorbitant amount of "shipping and handing" to get all the "free" stuff that's mentioned, despite the ad making it sound like you get everything shown for $99 total.
The ad tells you that you get a Nuwave PIC, along with a second PIC free, as well as a set of "Ultimate Cookware" (pots and pans) free. But in reality you pay $29.95 S/H for the first PIC, plus you have to pay an extra $39.95 S/H for the second "free" PIC, and a whopping $69.95 S/H for the "free" cookware set - making the total "shipping and handling" about $140, which is about 60 bucks more than the actual product itself costs.
Just to put things in perspective, it costs about $140 to ship a Bowlflex home gym, and that machine weighs over 200 lbs. A single PIC weighs only 5.4 pounds, so you're paying $140 S/H for an order which at most weighs only 25 lbs.
Even worse, since the charges are considered "shipping and handling", they aren't covered by the money-back guarantee. Notice the fine print which says you can send it back for a full refund of the "purchase price" - this means that any costs which are considered "shipping and handling" are non-refundable.
Sorry, but charging about $120 more than it actually costs to ship the product isn't honest. Why not just go whole hog and charge 50 grand in "S/H", since companies can apparently charge whatever they want and just call it "shipping and handling"? If you're thinking of buying this, just keep in mind that you'll be out most of what you payed if you decide to change your mind and send it back.f219348 review #330888
You may also like
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "Our 2.5 yr old pampered front loader Electrolux washer had a noise when filling/emptying along with a burning smell. Consider that these are top of the line expensive units. Our..."
- "Finger Comber is AMAZING! I just read over the complaints on this site and disagree. But I do understand what it is like to not understand how to use a..."
- "I signed a lease to Village Place apartments owned by St Vincent De Paul in San Diego and was expected to become a crack user and dealer. I was set..."
- "If you are hard-working, honest, and looking for affordable housing, BEWARE of Kingwood Lakes Apartments at 3700 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, Texas. Beware of any Adara Community in this area! They..."
- "In Oct 2012they did liposuction and we are in 2014 and have bad results I have sinking spots like potholes.. my husband says they messed up my stomach. he..."
- "Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to..."