Hearthware Home Products - Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) scam - $140 for "shipping and handling"
The TV and internet ad for the Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) is misleading and you have to pay an exorbitant amount of "shipping and handing" to get all the "free" stuff that's mentioned, despite the ad making it sound like you get everything shown for $99 total.
The ad tells you that you get a Nuwave PIC, along with a second PIC free, as well as a set of "Ultimate Cookware" (pots and pans) free. But in reality you pay $29.95 S/H for the first PIC, plus you have to pay an extra $39.95 S/H for the second "free" PIC, and a whopping $69.95 S/H for the "free" cookware set - making the total "shipping and handling" about $140, which is about 60 bucks more than the actual product itself costs.
Just to put things in perspective, it costs about $140 to ship a Bowlflex home gym, and that machine weighs over 200 lbs. A single PIC weighs only 5.4 pounds, so you're paying $140 S/H for an order which at most weighs only 25 lbs.
Even worse, since the charges are considered "shipping and handling", they aren't covered by the money-back guarantee. Notice the fine print which says you can send it back for a full refund of the "purchase price" - this means that any costs which are considered "shipping and handling" are non-refundable.
Sorry, but charging about $120 more than it actually costs to ship the product isn't honest. Why not just go whole hog and charge 50 grand in "S/H", since companies can apparently charge whatever they want and just call it "shipping and handling"? If you're thinking of buying this, just keep in mind that you'll be out most of what you payed if you decide to change your mind and send it back.review #330888
You may also like
- "This company located in Woodbridge Virginia has nothing to do with all of the complaints on this web page. The company APPLIANCES CONNECTION is in New York, and the complaints..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "i need to purchase a special usb cable for my rebuilt desktop computer where the motherboards usb headers have only 5 pin male and the components i need to install..."
- "82 year old lady cheated out of thousands of dollars in commissions and marketing reimbursement expenses.Attention consumers, potential dealers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and lending institutions. I am an 82 year..."
- "I hired this company (A Team Moving and Storage, 1417 Exchange Drive, Richardson, TX (469) 229-0751) to move my household goods from one house in Allen, TX to our new..."
- "I bought a 2000 beuik Le saber had it about two months and not only could it not pass inspection but it also Had motor problems... Car lot dealer wants..."
- "I ordered 3/4" X 3/8" T-Molding. 3/4" = .750 decimal. They sent me 11/16" or .6875. Now, their site states all measurements are approximate. The problem with that is when..."
- "This is one of the worst dining experiences ever. Service was horrible, wasnt even busy now i know why. The food under cooked steak for my wife and..."