Hearthware Home Products - Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) scam - $140 for "shipping and handling"
The TV and internet ad for the Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) is misleading and you have to pay an exorbitant amount of "shipping and handing" to get all the "free" stuff that's mentioned, despite the ad making it sound like you get everything shown for $99 total.
The ad tells you that you get a Nuwave PIC, along with a second PIC free, as well as a set of "Ultimate Cookware" (pots and pans) free. But in reality you pay $29.95 S/H for the first PIC, plus you have to pay an extra $39.95 S/H for the second "free" PIC, and a whopping $69.95 S/H for the "free" cookware set - making the total "shipping and handling" about $140, which is about 60 bucks more than the actual product itself costs.
Just to put things in perspective, it costs about $140 to ship a Bowlflex home gym, and that machine weighs over 200 lbs. A single PIC weighs only 5.4 pounds, so you're paying $140 S/H for an order which at most weighs only 25 lbs.
Even worse, since the charges are considered "shipping and handling", they aren't covered by the money-back guarantee. Notice the fine print which says you can send it back for a full refund of the "purchase price" - this means that any costs which are considered "shipping and handling" are non-refundable.
Sorry, but charging about $120 more than it actually costs to ship the product isn't honest. Why not just go whole hog and charge 50 grand in "S/H", since companies can apparently charge whatever they want and just call it "shipping and handling"? If you're thinking of buying this, just keep in mind that you'll be out most of what you payed if you decide to change your mind and send it back.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "Sadly, we are joining the ranks of dissatisfied customers who will likely never purchase another major appliance from Sears. While our story of a repeatedly botched delivery isn’t as..."
- "Inkline Global Inc sells its product PCShowBuzzon on Internet which advertises "Watch TV On Your PC with PCShowBuzz now you can search, find and watch unlimited programs from 1000+ TV..."
- "Warning to all who are thinking about using Best Price & Storage for you movings needs don't if you value you things and time. The day of my scheduled pick-up..."
- "Wells Fargo and John Stumpf ( CEO of Wells Fargo) will lie to you and scam you! I was a Capital One Customer. I went into Wells Fargo and..."
- "Stop eating sonic because my order was never right, thought I would give them another try. Bad ideal!!! Ordered a burger no mayo got home..."
- " I Purchased a tool on 7-21-15. It arrived late and damaged. Asked for money back. Seller finally agreed to refund if I sent product back to them. I sent..."
- "I bought a sofa set from them that was of a very poor quality. After only one year the furniture looks very tacky. I paid over 3000.00 dollars for..."